D.O.T. & CDL Medical Exams in Hackensack
The National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (National Registry) is a new Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) program. It requires all medical examiners (MEs) who wish to perform physical examinations for interstate commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers to be trained and certified in FMCSA physical qualification standards.
Medical examiners who have completed the training and successfully passed the test are included in an online directory on the National Registry website.
Beginning May 21, 2014:
- All drivers must use a Certified Medical Examiner for their DOT/CDL physical and medical certificate. Dr. Massarone has already met these federal requirements and is a Certified Medical Examiner.
At our office, your exam will be through, quick and efficient, getting you back on your way. Upon passing the exam, you will receive your certificate at that time.
Our Office Provides:
- Hassle free DOT/CDL physical exams
- Truck driver’s exams
- Bus driver’s exams
- In office and onsite exams
- Laminated medical certificate
- Medical history
- Physical exam
- Vision test
- Hearing test
- Physical exam interpretation
- If you drive a vehicle over 10,000 lbs, you are required to carry a medical card.
- We provide the medical exams and issue you the medical card you need to drive a vehicle over 10,000 lbs.
- If you drive a vehicle over 26,000 lbs, you are required to be drug tested.
- We provide in office, no wait time drug testing.
- Blood pressure reading below 140/90 may allow for a 2 year medical card.
- Keep your BMI < 33 to help avoid sleep apnea testing.
- Call the office if you would like to know your BMI.
- If you have an implantable defibrillator you will be disqualified.
Recommendations for the Day of the Exam:
- Do not smoke for at least two hours prior to your physical exam.
- Drink plenty of water prior to the physical exam and stay hydrated.
- Do not drink coffee, tea, soda or hot chocolate the day of the exam. WATER ONLY
- Make sure and take all of your routine prescriptions medications on time.
- Do not rush your way to your appointment. Arrive a little early to fill out paperwork.
- Stay calm and be patient.
When Arriving for the Exam:
- Bring your current driver’s license with you and one additional form of ID.
- Know your medical history, past surgeries and all current medications. (Bring a list.)
- Bring a list of prescribing doctors for all medications.
- Bring eye glasses, contact lenses or hearing aids.
- Be prepared to provide a urine sample.
To Schedule Your CDL / DOT Physical Examination, Contact Our Office at (201) 342-6111 or Send Us an Email and We Will Get Back to You ASAP!
Mon: 8:00am – 7:00pm
Tues: 8:00am – 7:00pm
Wed: 8:00am – 7:00pm
Thurs: 12:00pm – 7:00pm
Fri: 10:00pm – 7:00pm
Sat: 10:00pm – 2:00pm